Zahlen und Fakten "Krebs in Deutschland"
Menschen erkranken jedes Jahr neu an Krebs
Menschen leben mit Krebs
% könnten durch Prävention vermieden werden
Young CCC-N: Young Cancer Scientist Symposium
With the success of our kick-off symposium in the previous year, we are excited to present the second Young Cancer Scientist Symposium!
The meeting is held as a platform for inspiring young cancer researchers to present their work, exchange ideas, models, technologies, and establish scientific networks beyond their institutions. In addition, experienced researchers share insights into their careers and provide valuable tips.
When: November 10, 2023, 10:00 - 19:00
Where: Lecture Hall D, J2, Hannover Medical School (MHH, Carl-Neuberg-Strasse 1, Hannover)
- Poster presentations by all participants
- Young Scientist talks: Open for application to all participants. Slots will be awarded by jury selection of young scientists.
- Insights on career paths with talks by
- Prof. Dr. Nico Lachmann (Clinic for Pediatric Pneumology, Allergology, and Neonatology, MHH)
- PD Dr. Ramona Schulz-Heddergott (Department of Molecular Oncology, UMG)
- Social exchange between other young cancer researchers (with snacks and drinks)
You will have the chance to present your work, learn about other cancer research topics and relevant methods used in the framework of the CCC-N, and interact scientifically and socially with other young scientists.
The meeting will be the second meeting for the Young Cancer Scientist Network “Young CCC-N” for researchers at the UMG and the MHH. This network will promote interaction by offering networking opportunities, workshops, and information about
If you are a cancer researcher who
- is currently working on your MD/PhD thesis or
- has finished their thesis within the last three years and is engaged in postdoctoral cancer research
you are invited to submit an abstract at afzk.short.gy/ycccn2023 (submission guidelines can be found there).
Extended application deadline is October 10, 2023.
More information is available on the flyer.
- For event inquiries: Jyoti Kandarp
- For submission inquiries: Khalida Ibrahim
- For joining the Young CCC-N Network: Alexander Müller
The meeting is organized by Prof. Günter Schneider (UMG) and Prof. Michael Heuser (MHH) of the CCC-N Translational Research Team.